Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little update

Everything has been crazy lately so I haven’t been taking many pictures, but here’s a little update! Since about the first of November we’ve been having problems keeping Collin hydrated. Not the entire time, but on and off. Well, we went to Clinic last Tuesday and the doctors thought it would be a good idea to get Collin scoped as well as get an upper GI. Thursday was the scope; however, due to no one in the hospital being able to give an IV we had to cancel. We were not very happy about it because not only did they torture our son for five hours with needles they sent us home with a dehydrated child. Nice, I thought this hospital was the “ONE”. Where are you Dr. Sudan!!!? Anyway, Friday was the upper gi and that went well. There were no obstructions and the intestines were not dilated!!!! But with every good comes a bad…in order to do the x-ray they had to inject barium into the g-tube, which is like putting lead into your intestines. Needless to say, he puked all weekend long. Hopefully this week will be better. PLEASE pray for Collin

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I can't imagine how frustrating and upsetting Thursday was for you guys (especially Collin!) I feel awful that he was sick all weekend; that must be really draining for you and Matt. Hopefully you'll get some good news tomorrow and things will start looking up.

Collin is constantly in our thoughts and in our prayers.

We love you guys!

Lora

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are able to find the bright side in the frustration. The good news about the clear and undialated intestines is at least a little something to hold on to while you clean up the puke. I know it is very hard to feel so helpless and frustrated. We're all thinking of you and sending you lots of love and prayers for patience, guidance, and peace.

Tam

Anonymous said...

Collin, we are going to miss you so much at Christmas! I imagine how much you enjoy the lights and pretty ornaments & wish I could be there when you visit Santa Claus!!

I know that it's important for you all to be near the hospital though, and am so thankful that you have access to such wonderful medical care. We'll share many a Christmas in the future, I'm sure.

I want you to know how much your grandpa and I and your aunties love you...you are in our thoughts a hundred times a day, and in our constant prayers.

A million hugs and kisses!

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Awww! I didn't even think about this changing the plans for the Christmas visit to see Gma and Gpa and the rest of the Arizona branch of the tree. I'm sorry because I know that you were all looking forward to it. Keeping you all in our hearts and hoping that Collins travel restriction lifts soon.

Anonymous said...

Any update?

Anonymous said...

Loved the story about Collin's first sledding experience today! Hopefully you'll get a second to post pictures. :D

Love you guys,
Lora