Sunday, April 1, 2007

Palm Sunday, April 1

Update: Collin resumed "feeds" today at noon and is very happy about it! They started him at 2 mL an hour and will work their way up again. God bless Collin!


Thank you, Nana V, for stepping in while I was ailing! I am recovered now and fully hydrated...hopefully we'll have some new photos to add to today's entry:

Good Morning to the Trio,
Mommy says you had a good day yesterday and when she and daddy left last night, you were resting peacefully. I am continuing my Nana Brag book and have started a scrapbook. Mommy is also working on her scrapbook, has pictures of you hanging up in frames, and is working on some cross-stitching crafts.

We pray constant for you and your mommy and daddy, we wish we could be there at your side, soon. I love you very much Collin and am so proud how well Mommy and Daddy are coping with all the stress, decisions, and just being tired.

To all else reading…Collin is doing well, he is stable. His “feeds” have not been started as of late last night. However, Matt and Erin hope it will be introduced soon but more slowly. Collin is on antibodies to prevent infection due to the bowel not “pushing things threw”. Erin described it to me as if the breast milk fed earlier could become like "stagnant water" in Collin’s bowel which could breed infection. The TPN is at 100% and as Lora has stated before, the best situation would be a balance between Collin’s “feeds” (breast milk) and the TPN. Please keep praying.

Collin’s stub of a belly button fell off Friday. The nurse asked Erin if she wanted to keep if for scrap booking. Erin of course said….”Gross, no way!” Erin told me that the belly button stub has been the “grosses” thing yet. Matt, Erin and I had a discussion if this stub was something to keep. Matt figured that it really wasn’t part of Collin rather a connection between the two, so toss it. Then we started telling strange stories of what happened to the stubs when people we know keep them, ugh!

Completely off the subject, Matt and Erin were getting a few groceries for home…I told them to try Reece’s Cookies…they are the best…now they are hooked.

There are other bits and pieces of information that have occurred with Collin these past few days but I think this sums it up. Please pray for Matt and Erin for tomorrow will bring many decisions and endurance will be needed. God Bless!

Nana V

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know all is well in "Collin's world". Thank you for the update, Nanna V.

Anonymous said...

Lora,

I was sorry to hear you were under the weather. It is good to know you are feeling better. Let me know if I can be of any help...try to get some rest...and keep hydrated!

I hear it is quite warm down there...I hate to say it but it is snowing here today...go figure it's April! You know what they say about North Dakota, don't you? "There are two kinds of weather, winter and construction."

Take care Lora and thank you for all you are doing!

Nana V

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates Nana V! And Lora....keep hydrating...it is the desert after all! ;) A little birdie told me that the "good stuff" has been started again...woo hoo! praying Collin's body is ready to take that nutrition deeper and deeper in to his body. Love from the Valley of the Sun. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!! I'm glad he's going to start getting the "good stuff" again. :)

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourselves - Collin needs all of you to be healthy so you can help him through his rough spots. Prayers and good thoughts are being sent to Tucson. Yes, Nana V, we have two seasons too, hot and too hot!

Hugs.

Marsha

Anonymous said...

I was bored so I decided to get on the computer and see how Baby Collin is doing. It sounds like he is doing very good! That's wonderful that he get's to have the "good stuff" again! I hope his progress continues to grow! I will keep praying!! God Bless you all.

Amanda Pearce

Anonymous said...

Good Night Sweet Collin!

"Ain't No Mountain High Enough!"

Our prayers are with you Matt, Erin and Collin!

Hugs and kisses,
Nana V

Anonymous said...

Good Morning to the Trio,

It's still quite early out west, but I know you have a full day planned. I pray for quick action to be taken...and ultimately what is best for Collin.

It is always good to talk to you...take care and careful in the elevators, ha ha!

Give hugs and kisse to Collin for me.

God Bless,
Nana V

Anonymous said...

Just a quick check in and note to all of Collin's family. You all are so courageous and warm and I admire your strength. Collin is a beautiful and fortunate boy. I continue to pray.

I hope you are feeling better, Grandma N. :)

Anonymous said...

Colin is a fighter and he will come through this. I agree that getting on the organ transplant list is a good idea but soon Colin may just start taking in and using the formula as his body regains strength,. We love you guys and pray for all of you all the time. From the Berthold's of ND

Anonymous said...

Great Granny N in Omaha has been on the computer checking out Collin and all his family and all the pictures and comments for over an hour. WOW! I'm so impressed with all you are doing Lora on this website. Matt, are you on leave now? I guess I didn't know that. Super!
Collin just keeps getting cuter. Has Alexa been able to see Collin in person yet?