Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday, April 11

As you can imagine, Collin's mom is very busy with appointments, testing and just taking care of Baby Collin. Today the surgeon told her that Collin has 37 cm of small intestine and all of his large intestine intact. We were aware that the original "estimate" of 20 cm might be off; the original surgeon told us that over time when the swelling went down that they might find more small intestine. However, 17 cm seems like alot to us lay folk! Collin seems to be doing better now that he's getting used to his new surroundings, it's still pretty stressful on his mom. Going from the NICU where there is always a nurse on hand, to UMC where he is in a private room (and she's there 24 hours a day) is difficult.

I will be visiting them over the weekend, just a quick overnight stop, and will be bringing some of Collin's favorite things from home. Hopefully I will be able to convince his mommy to get out for a bit and at least breathe some fresh air!! I will also bring back photos of Collin's new abode and Collin, of course! Please keep us all in your daily prayers!

7 comments:

the family, with love said...

Please pray for Collin's special angel "auntie Marsha" as she undergoes an angioplasty today!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how rough that is on her. I can tell from everything that I've read here that she is strong but it's got to be taking its toll on her. I pray for her strength every day!

Special prayers will be said today for "Auntie Marsha".

Anonymous said...

Erin, I'm thinking of youall every day. give collin a kiss for me, and Ihope you are holding up well w/ out Matt there. You can do it ......he will be there soon.You are in my prayers.... txt me sometime if you have time or if you have questions (520-548-5217)

sherry o

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you special mommies that frequent this blog! I hope you all had a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you Grandma N. Yesterday was crazy!! See you when you come back this summer.

So glad I got to see Erin and Collin. He's SOOOO cute!

Love ya all!
T

Anonymous said...

Erin, good luck in Omaha and we pray every day that the news is good. Love the Berthold's

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the prayers for me. It really helped a lot. I had an angiogram (my mistake, I should have known better than to write a medical word and not look it up). The news was better in some ways and worse in others. All in all, I will be okay, it may take a while but it will happen.

Nana N, thank you so much for keeping us updated on Collin and Erin. I know it must be hard staying by herself at the hospital.

I pray, Erin, that you will find both mental and physical healing for yourself while you are on this journey. I cannot imagine how hard this must be, especially with Matt having to be in AZ right now. Take care of yourself too, Erin, as you are a very important part of Collin and Matt's lives.

Nana V, perhaps you could make arrangements for Erin to go get a massage or even a facial. It would be sooooooo relaxing for her!

Thanks again for the prayers.

Collin, Erin and Matt you are constantly on our mind and in our prayers!!

Auntie Marsha