Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday, August 14

Today our sweet little family is busy with doctor's and laboratory appointments in preparation for the Big Surgery tomorrow morning. Although there is apprehension; how could there NOT be knowing our precious baby Collin will be having major surgery and under anesthesia for several hours? We are all thankful for this opportunity for Collin and hopeful that this is "THE" solution which will enable him to live a long and active life. Dr. Sudan has indicated that the procedure will last between 4-6 hours. Please join us in prayer and good wishes for a perfect procedure and quick, easy recovery for Collin.

The following photos are from a "Baby Collin at 5 months photo shoot" he, his mom and I did yesterday. Enjoy!

Yes, I know I am adorable!
Grandma's props are yummy!
Angel baby
Peek-a-boo!
Who loves baby? We do!

A special treat for Auntie Sophia's daddy can be found here!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again FANTASTIC PICTURES. I love the black and white photos, they look so precious. My prayers are with Collin and his large family tomorrow.

While I am working on Cardio Rehab, Collin will be in surgery. It will give me sumptin to think about other than wondering how much longer I will be on that darned treadmill.

Hugs and Prayers to all


Great Auntie Marsha

Anonymous said...

Those are the most expressive and gorgeous pictures yet (and that's saying a lot!). Thank you for capturing the essence of this beautiful boy. His personality and happiness really shines through, especially in black and white.

Lora, Erin, and the whole family, I will be thinking of you and Collin first thing tomorrow morning and all day long. I send my heartfelt best wishes for a smooth and successful operation with no complications. I will say a prayer for his surgeon too.

I know you'll update the blog as soon as you can. It will be wonderful to have this major milestone behind you.

Blessings to sweet baby Collin!!

-Andrea

the family, with love said...

Thank you, Andrea and Marsha!! I have the blanket our group made for me...it will be with me at the hospital tomorrow while we wait for our good news. Thank you for being such constant friends to me, and such good "cyber-aunties" for Collin, Erin and Matt. You (and the rest of our group) are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Collin Darling,

My first thoughts, upon wakening this morning, were of you. I immediately came here and saw your adorable photos! Soooo precious!

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and your family through out the day today.
I pray that you have very little pain, Sweetheart....
.... and that all those who love you so much are comforted knowing that you are in the very best of hands today.

I just know you'll soon be back in their lovin' arms, better than ever, smiling that adorable smile of yours!

Love and Best Wishes to you all.

Deanna
xoxox

P.S. And, Lora...
Be sure to feel the love and hugs when cuddled in your Grandma Quilt!

the family, with love said...

Deanna, your words always make me smile!

Yes, the Grandma Quilt will be *very* comforting today.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all good news today! Thats great we are still praying for a quick recovery! love ya

Anonymous said...

Collin's progress just amazes me everyday!!! Erin and Matt, hang in there you're doing great! To Grandma N-Thanks for the pics from Omaha and taking the time keeping me so well informed and up-to-date! Love ya, give the kids a kiss from me. I feel so blessed having such a great family and friends. Grandpa N/DAD