Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy 6 Month Birthday, Baby Collin and Happy Grandparents's Day!

Daddy kisses

Collin-boy, I loved you before you were born!

I remember the call as if it were this morning;
Your beautiful mama calling to say you were growing inside her
She was excited and worried and happy and overwhelmed
Her big question? “Do you think I'll be a good mom?”

As I reassured her that she would be a wonderful mom,
Thoughts of you consumed me
I imagined you, tiny and growing in her belly and I couldn't wait ‘til we met
And I knew I was blessed, because I was going to be your Grandma!

You continued to grow and my love grew with you
Mama’s belly grew, too, and we loved every minute of the changes her body took on
I remembered my own belly growing with my babies and felt closer to her more than ever before
Your daddy loved you both so much and gave you tender, loving care, before you were born

I thought of the first time we would see each other
How you would be soft and tired from your journey
You would cry a little, but would be comforted by the love and touches of your family
How little your toes would be, like five little round angel kisses at the end of each foot

I wondered what your parents would name you
And what color would your eyes be?
Would they be brown like your uncles’ and Nana’s?
Or blue as the deepest sea?

I knew you would be beautiful, with a light to rival the Sun’s
I hoped you would have your Mama’s and Grandpa’s dimples
And a head full of curly hair!
Hair straight or wavy, I couldn‘t wait until you took your first steps and had your first hair cut!

I looked forward to reading you stories about the moon and pirates and dinosaurs
And together, making cookies and cakes and May Baskets galore
I could see you in your first Halloween costume
And on your first day of school

I envisioned sand castles and mud pies and “Midnight Walks”
I looked forward to your first pet
You losing your first tooth,
Your first love

Collin Matthew,
I loved you before you were born
And my love for you grows every day
I wish for you health, success and happiness in each and every way

15 comments:

the family, with love said...

Erin and Matt, thank you for making Dad and I "Grandparents"! (I know, it's what "You Do!" lol)

Collin, happy 6 month birthday, angel! We love you and miss you and wish we could be there to kiss your fat little toes and make you giggle.

To all of Collin's other grandparents (and all other grandparents reading here): HAPPY GRANDPARENTS' DAY! :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!

Happy 6 months, Collin! And blessings to your fabulous mom and dad. What a wonderful family you were born into.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tribute to how all grandparents feel as they fall in love with and anticipate the birth of their grandchildren. The writer of the poem said it perfectly.

Happy six months, baby Collin. Someone (your grandma) obviously loves you and your mom an dad very much.

the family, with love said...

Thank you for your nice words, Susan and "Anonymous". ;) Hoping Collin and Mommy & Daddy have some fun plans for today...like maybe the zoo! (Or emailing Grandma some more pictures of her darling grandson! lol)

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, Auntie 'Lexa (AKA Collin's Godmother) here. Happy Grandparents' Day! Happy 6 Month Birthday, Collin Matthew Simmons!

What's new with everyone?
Luv u all,
Auntie 'Lexa

Anonymous said...

Happy grandparents day to Grandma and Grandpa N, to Nana V and her husband, to Grandma S and to Grandpa & Grandma Simmons if they ever read here anymore. And to GG and GGpa Natase!

Ya'll have a great family. Bless ya.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, Lora, that is so sweet!
Collin is lucky to have so many people from so many places that care for him and love him! :)
He is making fantastic strides!
Congtratulations, everyone!

Anonymous said...

Collin,
There was a time where Daddy and I weren’t sure if you would make it to six weeks old, now you’re SIX MONTHS and heathier than we ever imagined! We love you sooo much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my angle!

Love,
Mommy

p.s.
Thank You Lora, that was beautiful!

the family, with love said...

Ahem, EE...Grandma needs some new pictures! lol (I know, I know, as if you weren't already busy enough with your new project and all...)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

New Project???? Tam

the family, with love said...

Hey Tam! I'll let Erin tell you, it's very cool and admirable.

Hey Erin...how was clinic yesterday? (hint, hint) :D

*ErinSimmons* said...

hahaha, thanks for the hint! erin

*ErinSimmons* said...

hahaha, thanks for the hint! erin

the family, with love said...

HA ha! It's what I do. ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the decrease delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=guitar method in the style ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the dark methods of development of the resource. I have a week and do necheg