Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Clinic update

Baby Einstein






Collin’s doing great development wise, he’s holding his head up, sitting with the a little help and can stand if he holds onto my fingers!!! He has yet to rollover but that is quickly approaching! He didn’t get a lot of tummy time because I was too scared to let him have it so his upper body strength isn’t as good as it should be. We’ve been doing tummy time 4x a day and he’s showing huge improvement. His legs are VERY strong!!! When he does tummy time he tries to crawl and ends up plowing his face into the ground! Hahaha, it sounds worse than it actually is! He has also started to scoot using his feet while on his back!
One of Collin’s favorite songs (only because it was one of the two baby songs I knew when we had him, hahha) is itsy bitsy spider so for Halloween he will be a spider!!!! The costume is soooooo cute!!! I can’t wait to take him out and get lots of pictures! Speaking of holidays, Collin’s birthday (march 9th) is going to be a celebration!!! We are going to have him baptized (rebaptized) in the morning and have his birthday following the ceremony and you all will be invited! I’ll make sure to send out formal invitations as soon as we get the details worked out!
Today, we went to clinic but Dr. Sudan wasn’t there so we’ve still yet to get a picture of him with his team!! Maybe next time!! The plan is to have his central line out in two weeks!! After the line comes out and he’s holding his hydration ok we will start to concentrate more on oral feeds and give windows (breaks where his continues feeds will be turned off)! The drs don’t think that he’ll have any problems in the future!! We’re feeling more and more positive everyday!! Thank you for your prayers!! Keep them coming!


Lots of Love,

Erin

p.s.
I just met and new couple (they remind me so much of Matty and I) that
are here for the same reasons as we are. Please say an extra prayer for them
too!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also, Collin is getting FIVE 1oz bottles a day and he can have baby food 2Tbs, FIVE times a day!!! BIG boy!!!

mommy

the family, with love said...

His progress is so exciting! Good job, Mom and Dad! (And Dr. Sudan & team!) It's exciting to know that you can plan his First Birthday celebration...especially since his initial prognosis was anything but promising. He has come such a long way; thank you all for your prayers.

Anonymous said...

hahaha, I am such a baby! Lora, I read your msg and it made me cry!!!

erin

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin! Your little guy is sooo cute! I'm so glad to hear everything is going good. I love being able to check the blog and see all these adorable pictures!

Melissa

P.S. From what I can see your apartment looks pretty nice! Hopefully one day we can come down and visit!

the family, with love said...

((((Erin)))) I wish I could be there to give you a big hug in person.

Dad and I are so proud of you (and Matt and Collin). Keep your chin up and keep doing the best you can. :)

We love you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hun!! I am so happy that everything is going well for you and your family. You guys are in our prayers.
We miss you!!
-Leslie Hagert

ps. For an assignment in one of my classes I had to write a short story about a vehicle accident- and I wrote about when we were on the 4-wheeler going to the Baumbach's and you forgot the brakes when we were turning and we went in the ditch- i think it was winter tho, so there was snow in the ditch. Anyways, it made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

hi itsyour auntie alexis. we might be moving out to NE so you and ava can finally play. if it all goes through hopefull it will be before your be day so you and ava can celebrate together! miss you and love you guys!


ps. pray that we get outta tucson and sent to NE!

Alexis

Anonymous said...

i am so happy he is doing good hope he get better and better