Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday, May 20

Just a quick entry, hopefully we'll have some free time to make write more later this week. Collin continues to grow, he is almost 10 lbs now! His feeds were increased to 13 mL today, which is outstanding. His dad's pcs has gone through (unoffficially), the paperwork should be completed and he should pcs officially by June 7. Collin's mom and Collin will be moving into the Nebraska House early this next week, which will allow them to stay on the campus of UNMC, but they will not be on the patient floor. Home health care nurses will visit often, but Mommy will be doing most of his care.

Collin's Godfather, Uncle R, is currently in Omaha visiting his sister and his wonderful little nephew. We can't wait to get pictures, we will post them for you all to enjoy when we do. We're so happy for Collin's mom to have her little brother there for support and entertainment. We're also thrilled that Collin and Uncle R finally got to meet face-to-face!

9 comments:

the family, with love said...

Moving day is today! Woo to the hoo!!! This means that Collin and his mom will be able to take short trips around the city, visit the zoo and see family. I wish they could come home for a weekend visit because I miss them both so much, but we'll see them in Omaha at the end of June. I will keep you all posted about the next procedure they will perform on Collin, as soon as I know.

Love and hugs to you all!

Anonymous said...

I talked to Erin yesterday to check in with her as it had been a week since my short visit with her and Collin. She sounded SO good! I'm amazed at the strenght and positive attitude of this amazing young woman. She's dealt with the needs of her baby with such intelligence and grace. What a beautiful woman she has become.

She was so excited to tell me about his increase on feeds and how big he's gotten. Sounds like she's relieved to be moving over to the 'house'. Now, if daddy can just get up here!

I hope that I get the chance to visit again soon as Erin promised me a chance to hold that little adorable bundle and I can't wait!!

Thanks for the update Grandma Lora. Can't wait to see you in June.

((()))
Tam

the family, with love said...

Hey Tam! Your Godson is in town...you'll have to get in touch with him before he leaves early next week. (He'll be living with us for the summer!) I would LOVE a picture of you/Larry and he and Collin. (Two generations of Godparents/Godsons!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the pcs has unofficially gone through, and I hope Erin and Collin are settling into their new digs comfortably. Thanks for the updates. Continued prayers for Matt, Erin, Collin and their wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see this update! I was getting worried. Things seem to be working out for the best.

(((the family, Matt, Erin)))
((((((((((Collin))))))))))

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that would be Uncle Ryan? I can't wait to see the pix, what a wonderful young man he is. Make sure he knows he has an extra Auntie.

The Cat's Meow said...

That is fantastic news! I hope Matt is able to join the rest of his darling family real soon.
Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

We would LOVE to see our Godson of course! Of course we'll make every effort to see him before he heads your way. Hopefully he'll have time for us to get in a visit later this week. Maybe at the hospital.

the family, with love said...

Good morning everyone! Yes, ((anonymous)), we were referring to Ryan. I will be sure to inform him of his newest "auntie"!lol He is having a great time with family in Omaha and of course the entire family is thrilled that he is "home". We're, of course, impatiently tapping our fingers and toes, waiting for him to get HERE! lol

I don't have any updates beyond the fact that the accomodations at the Nebraska House are nice and Collin's mommy has taken alot of pictures. Thanks again for all your prayers and love.